Holy Redeemer Hospital received the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. The award recognizes Holy Redeemer’s excellent care for stroke patients, according to evidence-based guidelines.
These measures include aggressive use of medications, such as tPA, antithrombotics, anticoagulation therapy, DVT prophylaxis, cholesterol-reducing drugs, education, rehabilitation and smoking cessation, all aimed at reducing death and disability and improving the lives of stroke patients.
Holy Redeemer uses Get With The Guidelines–Stroke “teachable moments,” the time soon after a patient has had a stroke, when they are most likely to listen to and follow their health care professionals’ guidance. Studies demonstrate that patients who are taught how to manage their risk factors while still in the hospital reduce their risk of a second heart attack or stroke.
- Weakness or numbness of the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Confusion or difficulty speaking or understanding
- Problems with vision such as dimness or loss of vision in one or both eyes
- Dizziness or problems with balance or coordination
- If you experience any of these symptoms call 911 immediately
- Treatment is most effective when started immediately
Schedule an appointment for radiology tests online.
Learn More >
Holy Redeemer offers a wide variety of outpatient services testings.
Learn More >